Combatting Covid-19 with EN14065 AccreditationMJMfrog
In line with our training and enhanced procedures to ensure our laundry services combat any risk of Covid-19 contamination, TDS have now started working towards achieving a full bio decontamination standard EN14065.
All of TDS work will be processed to this level going forward. Due to our already very high standards the assessors for EN 14605 think TDS can achieve full accreditation by the end of the year. One of the only barriers preventing earlier achievement is that 3 months’ of recorded data is required.
Due to Covid and the risk of cross contamination it is very important all items are laundered to this standard for the foreseeable future.
What is EN 14065?
Medical, Healthcare and Pharmaceutical sectors are increasingly asking laundry providers to have certification for the standard, as it sets out a number of process control requirements that a laundry must implement and monitor in its daily operations, such as:
· Identifying and recording potential biocontamination hazards
· Assessing risks and potential impacts
· Setting up a team responsible for the system and controls
· Implementing and operating the system
· Putting in place monitoring systems
· Recording results and non-conformance with systems
· Reviewing the effectiveness of the system completing internal audits.